A story and explanation of this US ARMY Ore Car...The US ARMY established a Military Arsenal and Testing site at Wharton, NJ. in 1907 that was served by the W&N/Wharton & Northern RR. Another part of the Arsenal facility was the little known US NAVY Lake Denmark Naval Ammunition Depot that was also operational at that location until 1960. This US ARMY Ore Car was for carrying sand used in munitions testing by the US Navy from southern New Jersey via the W&N and CRRNJ railroads. Originally built as part of a US War Department car order in 1931 for the then US ARMY Quartermaster Corps., which succeeded into the Transportation Corps at the start of WWII....this car was repainted into the version shown in 1942. The car number 41-1907 references a well known O-gauge Toy Train Postwar #41 diesel and 1907 was the operational year for Picatinny Arsenal. There will be 300 car made, each with a different sequential roadnumber 41-1907 thru 41-2206.
Special Custom Run/Limited Edition for Pat's Trains in Wheeling, WV.
For order and pricing information contact Pat's Trains in Wheeling, WV at phone 304.232.0714 or online at www.patstrains.com